I've read about genealogy blogging. I've read some really great blogs about genealogy. (Links to share later)
I've certainly talked about it, even to the point of saying that I was going to do it.
Well, here, now, is proof that I have finally started this genealogy blog. It's about time too!
Things in my life have gotten so busy and hectic, it seems silly to take on *one more thing*, and yet, if I use this wisely, I believe that not only will I have a record later on of how the time flew by, but hopefully I will have used this blog as a tool to aid my genealogy research, organize my thoughts and findings of the various Surnames and Places that I am researching, and maybe, just maybe, learn how *not* to write run-on sentences!
Okay, maybe I'll never learn that last part! But you get the idea.

One of the neat things that I have seen in the Gen Blog world is the use of themes. These themes have been used as a catalyst to spark that day's entry, or continue with a series. Some of the themes I'm thinking about are:
Memorial Monday, Tombstone Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, Friday Friends, Series Saturday, Surname Sunday. Alternative themes may evolve if these don't work for me. Like Friday Feature or Saturday Snippets. When I'm working the microfilm reader at the local County Library, sometimes I just can't help myself, I have to note a snippet from the paper that would bug me later if I didn't copy it down. But what to do with it? Now, maybe I have my answer: I will share!

Well, there. That's a good start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Due to spammers, comments will not be published without review.